Monday, March 5, 2012

On the follow back

A fellow blogger got their panties in a bunch because I didn't follow them back within two days.

The funny thing is though, that I actually was following him, just not publicly. I used to follow blogs through Blogger, but I've just found it easier to subscribe via RSS feed in Google Reader.

So, if you've followed my blog and think I'm not following you back, it's possible I am, just not using the public widget. Another thing to consider is the blogosphere is just as small as it is huge and I may already be following you with my real account.

Or it could be that I'm indeed not following you back. If that's the case, please don't take it personally. Maybe your blog is full of erotica that isn't my cup of tea. That doesn't mean that I don't like you as a person or that I don't appreciate you following me. I appreciate every person who takes time out of their busy schedule to read anything I have written. I sincerely do. I promised myself when I started this, however, that I wasn't going to fill my dash with content that I don't love just to make other people happy. I don't follow blogs and leave comments for the purpose of promoting myself -- in fact, I've only left two comments total since starting this blog almost two years ago -- if I follow someone, it's because their content appeals to me, period.

I appreciate and want to thank every single person who is reading my blog, whether you follow publicly, anonymously, or whatever. It makes me feel good that you are interested in what I have to say and are not just following because you want me to follow you back.

Having said all that, if you want me to follow you back, just ask and I probably will.

2 comments:

  1. The "follow." Yes... it's an interesting thing. I've had people go off on me because I unfriended them on Facebook or because I didn't follow them back on Twitter. Like you said, there are people I check out... but I might not "follow" them for a variety of reasons. Maybe their Twitter stream is way too busy (vomiting every waking thought). Maybe they share personal stuff I don't want to know about. Maybe they're just boring. There are some great sex blogs out there, but you know... if that's all that person can offer is sex talk... they lose me after awhile. I tend to gravitate to sites that are a bit more 3-dimensional. There are a lot of blogs I love that probably don't love me back... and that's ok. I don't know who visits my blog, but yeah... there are a lot of RSS subscribers. Some visit and comment. Some get it via RSS. Some don't visit at all. In the end, I think our sites are just a way for us to vent. We're basically talking to ourselves. If others listen, great. Oh... first time visitor. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is probably my favorite comment I've had.

      I'm sorry I haven't responded to you until now. I hope all is well for you, whoever you are. :)

      Delete

I moderate comments. Spam and general meanness will not be published. I appreciate support and will publish your comment as soon as I can. Thanks! :)